Well Water Quality Testing And Inspections
You’re number one choice for all water quality testing and well inspection services.
We will test that the pump operates at an acceptable capacity for an extended period of time, i.e. 2 hours. We do this by measuring the time in which it takes the well to fill a 5-gallon bucket for two hours. This gives us an estimate wherein we can then provide you with information on your well-pump’s functionality. It also lets us know whether there may be a crack in your pump or any other issues.
- Total Alkalinity (mg/L as CaCo3)
- Bicarbonate (mg/L)
- Carbonate (mg/L)
- Chloride (mg/L)
- Iron (mg/L)
- Fluoride (mg/L)
- Potassium (mg/L)
- Nitrate Nitrogen (mg/L)
- pH (units)
- Calcium (mg/L)
- Magnesium (mg/L)
- Sodium (mg/L)
- Sodium Adsorption Ration (units)
- Total Hardness (mg/L as CaCO3)
- Sulfate (mg/L)
- Total Dissolved Solids(mg/L)
*mg/L = Milligrams Per Liter or PPM
TIMING OF COLLECTING SAMPLES
- Water Samples should only be collected Monday–Friday but…
- Avoid collecting samples on Friday’s.
- Samples must be delivered to the lab within 24 hours of collection.
- The Brighton lab closes at 5PM Monday–Friday.
- The Lakewood lab closes at 5PM Monday–Thursday and closes 4PM on Friday.
- Both labs are closed Saturday and Sunday.
- No samples are to be collected on Saturdays or Sundays.
TURN AROUND TIMES TO RECEIVE REPORTS
(Turn around times dictate the separate COC form for each type of test)
- Well Water Pressure & Flow = 2 Hours
- Coliform Bacteria = 48 hours
- Domestic Water Quality = 5–7 work days
- Radon in water = 10–14 days
Radon Water Test
BE AWARE: These collection times are different from the Domestic Water Quality & the Coliform Bacteria Water tests.
- Time your sample collection so that the samples are delivered to the lab no later than Thursday, before 12PM.
- The lab can accept Radon Test samples during open hours on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- The lab cannot accept Radon Test samples Thursday afternoon, and at no time on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- The samples must be delivered to the lab within 24 hours of collection.