Well Water Quality Testing & Inspections
Your #1 choice for all water quality testing and well water inspection services.
We will test that the pump operates at an acceptable capacity for an extended period of time, i.e. 2 hours. We do this by measuring the time in which it takes the well to fill a 5-gallon bucket for two hours. This gives us an estimate wherein we can then provide you with information on your well-pump’s functionality. It also lets us know whether there may be a crack in your pump or any other issues.
- Total Alkalinity (mg/L as CaCo3)
- Bicarbonate (mg/L)
- Carbonate (mg/L)
- Chloride (mg/L)
- Iron (mg/L)
- Fluoride (mg/L)
- Potassium (mg/L)
- Nitrate Nitrogen (mg/L)
- pH (units)
- Calcium (mg/L)
- Magnesium (mg/L)
- Sodium (mg/L)
- Sodium Adsorption Ration (units)
- Total Hardness (mg/L as CaCO3)
- Sulfate (mg/L)
- Total Dissolved Solids(mg/L)
*mg/L = Milligrams Per Liter or PPM
TIMING OF COLLECTING SAMPLES
- Water Samples should only be collected Monday–Friday but…
- Avoid collecting samples on Friday’s.
- Samples must be delivered to the lab within 24 hours of collection.
- The Brighton lab closes at 5PM Monday–Friday.
- The Lakewood lab closes at 5PM Monday–Thursday and closes 4PM on Friday.
- Both labs are closed Saturday and Sunday.
- No samples are to be collected on Saturdays or Sundays.
TURN AROUND TIMES TO RECEIVE REPORTS
(Turn around times dictate the separate COC form for each type of test)
- Well Water Pressure & Flow = 2 Hours
- Coliform Bacteria = 48 hours
- Domestic Water Quality = 5–7 work days
- Radon in water = 10–14 days
Radon Water Test
BE AWARE: These collection times are different from the Domestic Water Quality & the Coliform Bacteria Water tests.
- Time your sample collection so that the samples are delivered to the lab no later than Thursday, before 12PM.
- The lab can accept Radon Test samples during open hours on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- The lab cannot accept Radon Test samples Thursday afternoon, and at no time on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- The samples must be delivered to the lab within 24 hours of collection.