Getting a seller home inspection is recommended, not just by us, but by InterNACHI themselves. It saves you time and money in the future so you can sell with confidence.
Why Should Sellers Get Home Inspections?
- You will see your home through the eyes of a critical third-party and will be provided with an unbiased opinion to offer to your potential buyers.
- You will have one of our certified NACHI inspectors do the inspection rather than be at the mercy of the buyer’s choice of inspector.
- The inspection can be scheduled with us at YOUR convenience.
- You can assist us during the inspection, which is something normally denied to the seller during a buyer’s inspection.
- Any misstatements in the inspection report will be corrected before it is generated.
- We will alert you to any items of immediate personal concern, such as radon gas or active termite infestations.
- It helps you realistically price your home if problems exist.
- If problems don’t exist or have been corrected, you will gain the ground necessary for having a higher asking price.
It reveals problems ahead of time which:
- Makes your home show better.
- Prevents delays in obtaining the Use and Occupancy permit.
- Gives you the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs yourself–if qualified.
- Provides you with the opportunity to get and attach repair estimates or paid invoices to the inspection report.
- Removes over-inflated buyer procured estimates from any future negotiations.
- Deters defects from becoming negotiating stumbling blocks later.
- It encourages the buyer to waive the inspection contingency.
- It relieves prospective buyers’ concerns and suspicions.
- It prevents the deal from falling apart at the last minute due to a buyer’s inspection unexpectedly revealing a problem.
- It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
- It alerts you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home.
- A seller’s inspection is the ultimate gesture in forthrightness on your part.
- Our report provides you with full-disclosure protection from future legal claims.